Sunday, May 15, 2011

PLN 4 Semester 2

In your article Another Change in My Classroom Video, I agree and disagree with certain aspects of what the teacher had to say and what the video said. For one thing, I disagree that technology will help classrooms. From personal experience, laptops, despite school blocking and protection services, prove to be sources of game entertainment and fun for students. Although some aspects of laptops are good for students when it comes down to grade updates or assignments, they are an ailment to teachers in the classroom. This is true because the teacher cannot keep an eye on every last student's screen. This allows students to go right ahead and play games on "educational websites" that the school's blocking system does not block. On the other hand, I did agree that maybe teachers need to use different methods of teaching. Though not every student can be accomodated in this way, it is important for teachers to try a variety of teaching manners with different students. I personally am a very visual learner. I rescently had issues in my Algebra class because my teacher teaches not by writing on the board, but by explaining it verbally. It is needless to say my test grade sucked. In the video it showed a more interactive room set up. It allowed students to walk around and in the eyes of a student, and environment like this would be "cool". I think classrooms like this are a great idea. All in all, in this article there were certain things that i believe would prove beneficial and negative for the modern day classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment