Sunday, October 17, 2010

PLN 12

I read "Challenging the Flow" by David Warlick. In this article, many controversial topics are aroused. For example, the main topic he wrote about was an author who approached writing in a much more different way than many other authors that we see in libraries today. That authors writing was seemingly confusing until you started understanding the points of view at which he was approaching characters. This is relevant to education because if teachers had the gut to go against the flow to find different useful methods that could be used in the classroom, then maybe we would have a more outstanding education program in the United States. I feel if Obama wants us as a nation to be higher ranked on the education chart, maybe adding days on to the week is not the answer. Maybe the answer is changing the way the students are learning. This matters to the world because if people in many different industries decided to change the way they go about things, the economy would be good. I feel if someone went against the flow as to look at things with a more positive eye, that would have a beneficial effect on society and the economy. I do agree that to a certain extent knowing about the bad things occurring right now is ok for a certain amount of awareness. I think that we need to go against the flow by being a positive light in a world of negative darkness. Lastly, this applies to me because while I am going to a high school in which many bad things are going on, it is good to go against the flow because if I choose to be a part in all the inapropriate junk that occures in schools, I will just be another student. But if I go against the flow as a positive influence, I will be a role model for many other students.

1 comment:

  1. Tom- this is a good start, but you are missing a component to a well written paragraph-state what matters in the topic sentence and why it matters. The rest is great. Watch word choice; some words you are using are not used in the right context.

    ReplyDelete